I don’t think I can state how much I love books! When I have a book in my hands, I am happy girl! Now I know how boring reviews can be, so I don’t want to go into a lot of detail, but I thought I would share with you a few of my recent reads and new finds.
- Currently Reading: Parenting Beyond Your Capacity by Reggie Joiner and Carey Nieuwhof – Seriously, this book rocks! It really focuses the impact that parents can have when they partner with their faith community. I find myself wanting to agree out loud with the authors as I read! Definitely a must read for parents and pastors!
- The Katie Weldon Series – The final book of this series came out in April and I was on the edge of my seat for it to arrive. I reread the entire series (3 books) before I started Finally and Forever. Written by my favorite author, Robin Jones Gunn, this book is a great finish to a great series!
- Love Finds You In – This series is written by many different authors and takes places in cities all over the US. While it’s not new to me, I reread Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii by Robin Jones Gunn. I also purchased two book by another favorite author, Melody Carson – Love Finds You in Sisters, Oregon and Love Finds You in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass. Both were very relaxing and fun to read. The series is quite lengthy and while I don’t plan to read all of them, it’s fun to explore these cities and maybe meet a new authors.
- Sons of Encouragement by Francine Rivers – These books are based off of five Biblical men. It’s truly interesting to watch their tales come to life. I’m halfway through the series and while I know it’s a fictional account of these men, it’s still pretty neat to see the details the Rivers puts into making their stories as authentic as possible.
Here are a few books that I’m hoping to get my hands on in the near future:
- Logged On and Tuned Out: A Non-Techie’s Guide to Parenting a Tech-Savvy Generation
- Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon
- Love Finds You in Victory Heights, Washington
- Sticky Faith: Everyday Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in Your Kids
- You Lost Me: Why Young Christians Are Leaving Church…and Rethinking Faith