Amy Scott's Thoughts

Sharing the thoughts that bounce around in my brain!

Feels like everything all in one week… September 14, 2017

Filed under: Simply Me — Amy Scott @ 12:21 pm

Okay, I’m having one of those weeks where everything happens. Each day is full on it own and then added “surprises”… It’s been a week. A crazy week. Let’s start with Monday.

Monday was the “BIG” day. The kick off of MOPS, but that wasn’t until the evening, so of course, I treated Monday like a normal day. Monday will be the only day that I’m home with both boys, so I made hair cut appointments. My mom came along because hair cuts for Graham mean that I have to bear hug him and that doesn’t allow me to watch Owen while I’m taking care of Graham. As I was leaving on Monday morning, my tire light came on. I had to turn around and have Jeremy look at the tires which look fine to both Jeremy and I (it’s still on, along with the change oil light – should probably take it in – gotta love car maintenance). That small delay made me feel like I was late and already behind my schedule. My Monday morning ended up being super productive. I took care of some errands, got the boys’ hair cuts, had an early lunch at Panda Express and was able to keep Graham awake on the ride home from Olympia so he would still take his afternoon nap. Kids take strategy and Graham is prone to falling asleep in the car if it’s after 11am and even if it’s 10 minutes of sleep that seems to derail nap time. I was rocking Monday. Jeremy got home from work and I took off for church to get ready for MOPS. The whole night went so well. I am grateful and blessed by the awesome start we had. However, everything was the “first” time so it took a lot of mental energy to make sure everything was set up right, the classrooms were ready for kids, the ladies were greeted and connecting at tables. Then the speaking in front of people and just being “on” – the weight of this thing resting on my shoulders… Oh my. It almost took me out. I gave 150% of my heart and soul and strength to MOPS that night and it left me totally spent! I came home feeling happy, tired and on the verge of being sick. At the beginning of the year there is a lot of paperwork and money being collected and explaining and answering questions. MOPS will find it’s flow and I’m sure it will be less taxing in the future, but this first meeting got of all me and it was crazy how exhausted I was at the end of it all. But it was an AWESOME meeting. I couldn’t be happier with how the night went.

On to Tuesday… the MOPS hangover day. Jeremy left early to go hunting. I felt awful. I was on preschool drop off since Jeremy was in the woods. Luckily for me, my mother-in-law met me at the front door and took Owen in for me so I didn’t have unload and reload Graham. I worked hard and fast all morning on MOPS paperwork and then took off to pick up Owen. I was in my Tillamook cow sweatshirt and oldest (most comfy pair) of jeggings. I didn’t look glamorous at all. And then I got to stand in a hallway for 10 minutes with a bunch of cute, blonde moms who all got dressed in proper outfits that day. I just looked at the floor and hoped no one noticed that I was a Mombie in the corner (mom + zombie = mombie). With my self-esteem considerable lower, I picked up Owen and took off for home. I had a book party on Tuesday night and instead of it being an online party, it was a home party where I had to be presentable, social and not able to hide behind a screen. The party went well and was fun, but man, I was tired when I got home…

Now on to Wednesday… I got myself all ready and cute for preschool drop off because Jeremy was again out hunting. I fed Graham an oatmeal, raisin, walnut Cliff Bar and went to get Owen ready. Then Graham proceed to break out in hives all over. By the time we got Owen to school, Graham was covered all over in red spots. My mom met me at the church with Benedryl and we called the doctor to get the correct dose.  My mom followed me home and we kept a close eye on Graham. Even though he is super spotted, he doesn’t have any swelling and no breathing issues. I called the doctor again today to make sure he didn’t need to come in, because he is still spotted and apparently this reaction can last up to a week. If the spots don’t go away in 7 days, we need to come in. We are also now getting a referral for an allergist. Oh goodie. I’m fairly confident the walnuts are what caused the reaction. It was the only out of the normal thing he ate. I guess we’ll know 100% after we do allergy testing.

Today. Today I am thankful I don’t have to add a doctor appointment to my to-do list. I’ve been able to work on cleaning the house and having a quieter morning. I have a book party tonight, but it’s online, so it’s simple. I’ll finalize all the details for that during nap time.  This week has exhausted me. Too much going on. Surprises that threw me for a loop. But we’re all making it. It’s busy with preschool and MOPS and book parties and Jeremy out hunting and then regular church commitments with a few family events coming up too. It’s amazing how much we pack into the days. However, after this week,  I’m learning my lesson about how much I can handle with our new school schedule. I’ll do a better job of pairing things down in October. Or so I hope. I am constantly reminded that I can’t do it all and that I’m not super human. I run out of energy. I’m grateful for all the blessings of this week and I’ve learned a few lessons the hard way – like to look cute for preschool pick up and drop off and not to feed my kid walnuts!


Hanging with my youngest while older brother is at school.


Baking with the bros


Waiting for a cake to bake is hard work!


Jeremy led a work party on Friday morning and they built this lovely new play toy for the learning center.


Little swing lover!


Loving the new play toy.


The finishing touches on the baking project.


Hair cut day!


Hair cut day!


Loving the connections being made at MOPS!


What a beautiful sight! A room full of ladies ready to invest in themselves and their mothering!


Hard to see – but can you say spots? They are even more red now… Apparently they can fade and reappear for 7-14 days.


I love getting to see little snap shots of Owen’s preschool life. I miss him while he is at school, but I love that he is getting this opportunity!


Your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s