In a random attempt at blogging, I will share with you the few things that have made me smile recently. Sort of a One Thousand Gifts list, but really just silliness from my everyday life.
- My new notepad from Shutterfly – it’s so cute! It has pictures of Jeremy, Toby and I. In pink it says “From the desk of Amy Scott”. The funny thing is I keep it on the counter and nowhere near my desk. I love adding items to my grocery list because I get to use and look at it and it’s just too cute!
- Jeremy’s use of floor samples – Yesterday Jeremy told me that we could use all the leftover floor samples as coasters. In fact while working at the computer desk, he did just that! Now I’m not sure this is a new trend I want to start but it was funny.
- When parent’s bring snacks to class – Last night we celebrated a student’s birthday and his parent’s brought banana pudding cups. Since I trust this family when it comes to food preparation, I enjoyed the snack. Just like a kid, I love getting a special snack.
- Made for TV movies – Since I’ve been watching a lot of Netflix this last week, I couldn’t help but mention how love cheesy romantic comedies. Boy meets Girl. They fall in love. Something causes a bump in the road for them. They make up. They live happily ever after. While I don’t always believe in the plot – who really falls in love in a week? – I enjoy these movies.
- Malt-0-Meal – Oh wheat cereal! It can make a mess in the microwave if you don’t catch it in time, but so far I’ve been safe this week! I’ve been eating a bowl a day with some brown sugar because it feel so good on my throat.
- Saying good bye to the dinosaur desktop computer! Jeremy finally detached and removed the desktop computer from our house! I’m sure our energy bill will go down now! With two laptops, it made no sense to me to have a desktop. Funny thing is our desk is covered in eBay items so really it’s not like the space has been cleared. It is however a step in the right direction.
- Jeremy’s budding eBay business – It amazes me how much random stuff my hubby has had stored around our house. I thought last year after the 7 purge that we had cleared out the house of useless stuff, but I was wrong. Jeremy has kept his stash well hidden. Now that he is parting with it, I’m amazed that people are actually buying it!
- If I was blogging last week about this topic, I might have included Downton Abbey Season 3. I love Sunday evenings because my 2 favorite shows are on, but…. last week was tragic on DA. It hit me in the gut, made me cry and honestly, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep watching. Of course I will, but I get WAY too attached to TV show characters.
- Friday I got to go to my favorite Chinese food place with my hubby, my sister and a brother-in-law. I LOVE General Tso’s Chicken. So good! Just typing about it actually making me want some… Okay, moving on before I start to drool.
- Naps – this has been a little love-hate for me. Because I’ve been sick I’ve been taking a nap in the middle of the day. It seems though that even just a short nap makes me stay awake way late into the night. Last night I could barely go to sleep or stay asleep. Which means I’ve been super tired during the day and end up taking a nap. It’s a bad cycle I’ve started! I didn’t mean to, but I ended up sleeping most of the afternoon… Here’s hoping I can sleep tonight. However, if Downton Abbey continues it’s dramatic flare, I’m sure I’ll be emotionally drained by bedtime.
I realize that I could keep this list going. Even after a week of being sick, I can still see all the good things and the blessings that the Lord has given me. I’m thankful for this home that I get to hang out in. I am thankful that it is a place of rest. I’m thankful for the silly things that don’t seem to matter, but really when you put them together as a whole they make life worth living. All these small moments, these small things are a sign of a big God who loves me and is taking care of me. I am thankful!