This Sunday my sister moved home from Kansas! As one of my closest friends, it was difficult to have her at such a great distance. I’m thankful for technology that allowed us to stay close while she was gone, but having her here in person is so much better. It’s been a fun couple of days as I have gotten to see her each day and make up for lost time! Here are some highlights from the past few days:
- Our puppies got to meet for the first time! It was fun to meet April’s Todd and see him interact with my Toby. Todd is full of spunk and really loves to kiss me. It was a very exciting meeting on Sunday!
- April agreed to be my travel buddy for my last drive in the Malibu. Monday evening we drove up to Puyallup so I could sell my Malibu to my cousin. It seemed fitting to spend the last drive with her talking about life and what we see our futures. (For those at are wondering, I feel really good about selling the Malibu and keeping it in the family. I think I worked through all my emotions on Thursday when I thought it would sell and didn’t).
- We’ve been sharing with each other our new favorite songs and bands. We’ve also spent a good deal of time singing along to old favorites.
- April brought me beautiful tulips that are now displayed on my table! She’s so sweet!
We went to the movies and were the only two people in the theater! It was fun to talk during the movie and even text and know that I wasn’t going to get in trouble!
- We laughed while shopping for random things and at dinner together in our favorite Mexican restaurant. It was good to have her back because we laugh so much when we’re together. There is a true goofiness that comes out when I’m with her.
- We’ve already had a sleepover! She kept me company while my hubby was away at a conference.
- This morning we both read for a while. April kept reading while I did quiet things around the house. It was so restful to just be ourselves. We enjoy each other’s company even when we’re not talking.
April hasn’t lived this close to me since she got married almost 4 years ago. I’m excited to see our friendship continue to grow. I’m praying for her and Andrew as they settle in to being back in the northwest. This is an exciting time as a family and I’m really happy to have them back!